Point of sale systems are a crucial part of any business, and making sure you’re using software that is efficient and accurate is key to success. How do you know if it’s time to make a change? Here are six things to keep in mind:
1. Security: First and foremost, any business that utilizes POS terminals should be aware of security issues that might make the company vulnerable. The National Law Review warns that “any business utilizing point-of-sale (POS) terminals for “swiping” credit cards needs to pay attention to this threat and assess vulnerability. Hospitals, physicians’ offices, veterinary clinics, colleges and universities, municipalities — everyone — not just retailers.”
And the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Council is recommending that companies run antivirus programs to insure they have not been invaded by foreign systems. Retailers should also keep a close eye on data logs to monitor systems for strange activity.
2. Omni-channel retail: In today’s market, having an active online presence as well as a brick-and-mortar location is absolutely necessary. Therefore, you should have a POS system that integrates both online and in-store data. There is no need to utilize more than one program, even if you are juggling different platforms in different locations.
3. Instant updates: Your POS programming should come with frequent, automatic, complimentary updates to insure you are using only the latest technology.
4. Easy-to-use: The user interface on your company’s POS should be intuitive and effective. If it’s not, then you’re dealing with unnecessary problems and stress that could be undermining your long-term success.
5. Real-time data: You should be able to access your store’s live information at all times. Inventory, sales, promotions, and employee performance can all be tracked with POS systems. This way, trends can easily be identified and acted upon.
6. Customer service: Your system should be easy to install and come with comprehensive customer service options that are helpful and easily accessible.
Upgrading to a comprehensive point of sale system for your retail business is now even easier with the Visual Retail Plus suite of software. Contact us today for you free demo and more information about how we can enhance your business.